Friday, July 16, 2010

Let's Just Drive...

. . . and see where we end up - kind of a Bryce thing. I have learned in the Bryce family that they like to get in the car and drive and see different areas, new roads, and new adventures. Meanwhile, I have map and camera handy for the journey. This drive took us up American Fork Canyon around the back of the mountains and down through Provo Canyon. It was so beautiful!!! I can't believe how green everything was - such bright green it almost hurt your eyes. Perfect weather too! I'm really enjoying the beauty of Utah!!!!
NOTE: Most of the scenic pics were taken from the truck window and sometimes still moving, so ignore any blur or obstructions to the view please.

Gorgeous view - snow and all!

This is probably one of my favorite shots.
I love the little clouds over the mountains and the various trees.

I loved this rugged mountain and how the road looks more like a trail I would want to jog on not drive down.

We stopped at a pretty little campground and had a picnic lunch and got a few pics of the family.

Logan enjoying his pb&j

Logan posing - you can almost hear him saying "Cheese"
Look how green it is.

Our Mighty Jacob posing.

Nash whittling with his new knife that Ragan just gave him - look at that concentration.

Dad and Jacob just chillin' after lunch.

The kids just loved this big old tree, so we got a pic of that too.
Don't you love Lainie's hat - last minute buy during our Idaho trip so she wouldn't get sunburned. Ragan still teases me about her "cool hat" but at least her face isn't getting sunburned, plus she loves her Tinkerbell hat.

Ragan and the kids by a little creek at the campground

The kids and I on the bridge over the creek

One last scenic pic to end on.

I think this was pretty close to Sundance -
it was so pretty up there!!!
It was a fun day with our family and beautiful country to enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Looks so beautiful! We are headed to SL next week and I can't wait.