Monday, August 24, 2009

We Miss You Dad!!!

It's been 18 months since my Dad passed away on
February 24th, 2008.
The past 18 months have had their bittersweet moments.
On February 24th, just 6 days after Lainie was born, my dad died of cancer. He got to see a picture of her before he went though.
While life and time are flying by and our kids are growing up so fast, I think of how long my dad has been gone and it seems crazy, like he has been gone way longer than just a year and a half.
I miss him everyday!


Here are some pics of my dad with the boys over the last few years.

Dad and Logan
March 2006
This was taken in Lubbock, Texas, where my parents served a mission for our Church.
Dad getting kisses from Jacob
Feb. 2007 - My parents home in Utah

Dad with Jacob and Nash
Feb. 2007

Dad and Logan
May 2007 - Our house in Albuquerque
This is after my Dad was diagnosed and was doing chemo treatments.

Dad & Mom with the boys
May 2007 - Albuquerque

Dad with Jacob
Jan. 2008 - My parents house in Utah

Me (8 months prego with Lainie), my Mom
Logan, Nash, and Dad holding Jacob
Jan. 2008

This was taken the last day I saw my Dad. Ragan took a bunch of pics for me and then we flew home that morning. I was so far along with Lainie that this was the last trip I could take before he passed away.


I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and the beliefs that I have, knowing that someday I will see my Dad again. This doesn't mean that I don't miss him all the time - I still cry and I laugh and smile too, sometimes through the tears, at all the great memories I have of my Dad. He was such a great person and Dad! I even miss the "Flairs" he would give me.

We MISS You DAD!!! We are doing our best to keep your memory alive so that your grandkids will know what a great man you were!!! We LOVE YOU!!!!!

1 comments:

Michelle Ashton said...

Great post. I told you on FB that my Dad has been gone 30 years this November.... on my birthday to be exact! I sometimes feel sad that my Dad isn't here to meet my husband and kids, but in reality, I KNOW that he really does know them. Maybe it's them not knowing him in this life that I have a hard time with. ??? I don't know. But at least we have the knowledge that we will get to see them again. I miss my Dad terribly and it hurts. But thats ok too. We just have to live in comfort knowing that they are watching over us and protecting us from the other side. :)