Wow! The summer went faster than I could have imagined and I now have two boys in school starting their second week already. Nash is in the 2nd grade this year and loving it so far. Jacob is now a KINDERGARTENER! He loves it!!!
So, the first day went really well! We ran ahead of schedule so we actually found a parking spot, which is a miracle at the school. We took Nash back to his area to find where his class goes and he found his friends right away and started catching up with them. After wishing Nash a great day, Jacob and I headed to the Kindergarten section of the school. I have been so nervous about how he was going to handle the separation - full day kindergarten is a big adjustment from preschool! We walk up and he sees the playground and his eyes just grow huge with his excitement. So, I tell him he can go play if he wants to and he launches his backpack at me and takes off for the slide before I can finish the sentence. The bell rings, so I explain that we need to get him in line for class. Told him bye and have a great first day and he walked into class and didn't even look back. He was a champ!
I, on the other hand, handled it not as gracefully! Got to my car and the tears started welling up in my eyes. Why is it so hard to let go that first time? I've been so excited for him to go and learn new things and grow, but everyday I'm just so excited to pick my boys back up and hear about their adventures at school. They are so funny - the whole ride home they are comparing everything they did during the day from what they ate for lunch, what they learned, how many recesses they got and on and on. It's fun listening to them and they don't even realize they are getting along while doing it! YEAH!!!!
Jacob - 1st day of Kindergarten
Aug. 2009
Nash - 1st day of 2nd grade
Aug. 2009
Nash and Jacob
They are so excited for their first day of school.





0 comments:
Post a Comment