Thursday, April 17, 2008

Our Sweet Jacob

I've been posting so much about Lainie, that I decided to dedicate some posts to our boys!

Today is all about Jacob.


As many people have told me, you can take just one look at Jacob and see mischief in those bright blue eyes. Oh how true!!! He can be quite mischievous at times, but can also be super sweet when he wants to! Sometimes the sweet moments can be rare but they make me treasure them and him all the more.

Any mom out there with or who have had a 3, almost 4 year old boy can sympathize with how wild they can be. Jacob loves to torment Logan until he screams and just can't wait until Nash comes home from school and then proceeds to agitate him until Nash smacks him or something. It makes for such a lovely day at home. As my Dad told me so many times though, he is just being a BOY!!!!

Back to those sweet and treasured moments with Jacob. Jacob loves to get unbuckled anytime the van is stopped and come up front by me. He says that his excuse for getting unbuckled: "I just wanted to give you a hug (or kiss) mom." How mad can I really get at him for wanting to give me some sweet hugs or kisses, even though he needs to be buckled up. Today he said such a cute and innocent thing while we were waiting for Nash's bus and Jacob was unbuckled yet again. It's been quite windy here and Jacob said: "Look Mom, all of the trees are dancing." I just had to smile at the sweetness of the moment (maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" times). Sometimes as a mom, I forget to remember the small things our kids do that make us smile because I am so caught up with cleaning the house, or making sure they are being nice to eachother and always saying NO or DON'T do that. I realized today that I really need to start focusing on the positive things my boys do and to quit always saying no and let them be (as long as they aren't hurting eachother).

So, to Jacob, thanks for the sweet moment and I LOVE YOU!!!

0 comments: