Monday, September 28, 2009

Lainie's got a new do!

As many of you know, I was never real girly growing up. I loved to run around and play sports with my older brothers - I was a tomboy plain and simple. I met Ragan in college and he called me "Farmer Brown" because I dressed in such baggy boy clothes (my maiden name is Brown). So I started to get more girly but was never quite as up on styles and hair stuff as most of my friends.

Okay, so jump ahead 15 years and now I have a girl of my own after having three great little boys and I find myself trying not to continue the lack of girly stuff in Lainie's life as I did with mine. Thanks to my many ABQ friends, they got me started with tons of cute girl clothes and a load of bows and such. Ragan's mom is continually buying Lainie cute girly things too. So, this past week I decided I have to try new things and found a hair blog with the cutest style for little girls with short hair and I tried it. So, long story short - I tried a new style and I think I did "OK" for my first try. We are keeping her hair short in back while we wait for the sides to finally grow in and catch up, so I have limited choices.

Here are pics of my first attempt with the new do.

Front shot.


Here it is from the top.

SO, ANYONE out there with more ideas of where I can learn about the girly stuff for my daughter's sake I'd appreciate your help.

2 comments:

SaraBerry said...

Great job Julie! It turned out darling! I LOVE it! She looks SO old!

Sonda Bryce said...

You go girl! Way to try new stuff. It is pretty hard to mess up when you have a model that cute! Love that little girly!