Monday, November 30, 2009

Pima Turkey Trot 5K

I did it! I ran the Pima Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving morning. It was "fun" in it's own way even though it seemed a lot further than 5K and involved running through sand, rocks, asphalt, and all sorts of lovely terrain. My goals were to run the whole way, no walking or stopping, and not do anything to embarass myself, like puke or trip. I obtained both goals and beat my training time at 31 minutes, 35 seconds.

Here are some pics:

Nathan, Sonda, and I freezing before the race.
The wind was terrible and very cold!

The Start of the 5K

Nathan and Sonda coming to the finish.
They both placed in the top ten for their age group in Men & Women.
Way to GO!!!!



I'm almost to the finish line. YEAH!!!!

I got 23rd out of 41 for our age group in the Women's.

I felt pretty good about it overall and I am glad that I did it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Good Job!

Michelle Ashton said...

WOW! Great job! I did the 5k for the 24th this year and I didn't run the whole time. I ran and walked. I need to start back up again, but dang it's cold out in the mornings. Guess I should use my treadmill Huh? I would really like to start back up again and run the entire time next year. Bye the way.... You look great!