Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Polar Express 2008

We finally did it! We went on the Polar Express in Williams. It was so much fun and the boys especially loved it. We went with our good friends, Kim and Scott and their kids, but unfortunately our seats were in differernt cars. We weren't sure that we were going to make it, but we caught a window between two snow storms and got in, but didn't make it out like we had planned. We got snowed in another day, but we sure had a lot of fun in the snow!

Nothing like hot chocolate and cookies in the cold.
That hot chocolate was sooo good!!!

Jacob was happy to get his big cookie.

Here comes Santa Claus.

Well, the pic didn't catch all of them smiling (or open eyes) but it was still cute, I thought.

All our kids and their bells.

I Believe, I Believe...

All ready to go out into the cold.
Fun in the snow - sitting in a cold pile of snow.
Must be a kid thing.
Ragan with the kids posing by a train.


It was a fun time with the kids. We hope they remember the fun times and not how stressed out mom and dad were by driving in the weather with not so good tires and sleeping in a hotel room with four kids who didn't want to sleep. Not so sure that this will become an annual tradition or not. Maybe we'll go again with our grandkids. Just kidding, we did have fun! We are happy that our kids enjoyed it so much. We also celebrated our 11 year anniversary while we were there and went out to a nice dinner with the kids and they were remarkably good for us!

3 comments:

Ginger Farnsworth said...

What a magical way to count down the days til Christmas. The kids are soooo cute!

You;ve inspired me to try doing this myself. Take a look

http://ginger-gingershouse.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

I've heard about this and would love to go. Looks like you had fun. We miss seeing you guys!

Ginger Farnsworth said...

Julie, I've reset our blog for invited readers only. Send me your email address so I can invite you please. Some ninny managed to stick me in his blog and it turned out he was marketing weight loss supplements. It made me feel weird. Ginger