Friday, July 11, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

We were pretty lazy for our Fourth of July. Our boys slept through all of the early morning events: the canon firing and the fire engines with their sirens on waking everyone up. We didn't even make it to the parade.


We still had a fun day hanging out with family and that night some of us went out and watched the fireworks with Grandma.


Lainie and Tyla in their patriotic outfits looking so cute!


Lainie grinning for me!


Oh, I almost forgot to write about our fun night out - grown ups only. Yes, I even left Lainie with the babysitters. We had three girls to watch our four kids, I figure I was safe, I just hope the babysitters were.


First, we went out to eat at El Charro. Ragan and I always try to get our fill of the good Mexican food in Thatcher whenever we visit. Unknown to me, one of my wonderful sisters-in-law told the waitress that it was my birthday, so they came out with a lot of the staff to sing and give me some fried ice cream - which I was so embarassed. Oh, but that's not all, OH NO!!! Some guy in the restaurant shouts out, "What about the sombrero?" So why I sit there about ready to cry (seriously) because I am that embarassed they make me wait while someone goes to get the HUGE sombrero. They put it on my head and sing to me, the dorky birthday girl. This isn't me, but this is how dorky I probably looked. Ole!

The night improved after the sombrero episode. We all went bowling. It was so much fun!!! I was probably one of the lowest scores for the night, but it was fun even though I stunk it up.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

OK seriously, your sombrero thing cracked me up. I would have wanted to crawl under the table and died!!!