Saturday, January 22, 2011

Merry Christmas ~ 2010

Christmas was so much fun with our family this year!!! All the kids are old enough to understand and participate in the magic throughout the holiday! I love this time of our lives with our kids - they make it magical for me!

Our Christmas Tree
before the craziness began.

I guess I'm not a very fun mom. I told the boys no repeat of last year's sneaking down and going through everything before waking daddy and I up. They actually listened and even let us sleep in until 6am before they came in to get us.

Let the gift opening begin. . .

Lainie loved her kitchen!!!
What made it even better - it's PINK!!!!

Jacob so happy that he got the DS he asked Santa for.

Nash couldn't get his DS out fast enough.

Lainie in her apron.
Let's get Cookin'!

The boys checking out their race track and their three-wheel bike thingy -whatever you call it.

Let the WAR begin.
All the boys got a Nerf Stampede.
(After Christmas, Ragan got him a Nerf gun so now
all the boys can have Nerf Wars.)

Lainie loves her Ariel doll

Logan got the Bakugans that he wanted.

What is a kitchen without some dishes and cookware.

Jacob showing off his cool shirt that Grandma & Grandpa got him.
Thanks!!!!

Lainie cooking away.
Maybe she'll grow up to be more at home in a kitchen than I am.
She'll get plenty of practice now. :)

Christmas Breakfast of Champions!
Pumpkin pie and Dr. Pepper!
Yum!

This year, we stayed home the entire Holiday - Christmas till New Year's. A first for us! It was quite a change, but nice to stay at home with our little family. The kids had a blast enjoying their gifts and playing with all their friends and eachother.

Another first, I cooked a big Christmas dinner - all by myself - except Ragan made the gravy (his specialty). Quite an accomplishment for me! I don't love cooking, but it was actually fun and quite rewarding to accomplish all of this!

A very big ham, mashed potatoes, carrots, salad,
homemade rolls, an Oreo pie and four pies later -
here it is!
Let's EAT!!!!!

So SWEET!
All tuckered out after all our Christmas fun and food!

It was truly a wonderful Christmas spent with those I cherish and love the most!!!! It was so FUN to watch the kids enjoy the day! We missed all our other family - Love ya'!

We hope that everyone had a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Impressive Christmas Dinner! I love your "Breakfast of Champions"! I can't think of many other things better than Dr. Pepper and Pie first thing in the morning!!! Glad your first travel free Christmas/New Year's was a success! I'm also glad we got together yesterday for lunch! We will do something together again SOON!

Ginger Farnsworth said...

That little kitchen is adorable! Where did you find it? Looks like Santa was very good to everyone this year. Kids really do make it magical, don't they?