Monday, September 20, 2010

School Days 2010

All of the boys started school on a different day this year, so picture taking got a little hectic and some didn't actually get taken on the official first day, but close enough. At least they are in the same grade when I took the picture right?!

Logan started PRESCHOOL in August, several weeks before the other boys started. He was so excited. As we are walking in to his "Meet the Teacher" day, I asked him, Are you nervous? No. Are you scared? No. Are you excited? Yes. Okay then. First day of school, we walk in and he goes and puts his backpack up, walks into the class, looks around and takes a seat and starts a puzzle. I told him "Bye Logan! See ya' after school." No response, not even recognition that I was leaving. Finally, after the boys and I all saying "Bye Logan!" He waves and says bye and goes back to his puzzle. Got out to the truck and shed a few tears. One more of my boys who doesn't need me as much as he use to and I have to let go a little more as he grows up.

My cute Logan on his first day of preschool

So excited!!!

We went to Wal-Mart to get the kids their backpacks for school, so of course, Lainie thinks she needs one too. Did her Daddy tell her no? I don't think so. She got her pink princess backpack and walked around the store with it on. Anyway, we all took Logan to his preschool and Lainie insisted on wearing her backpack too. She goes into the backpack room with Logan and hangs up her backpack. I'm getting a little nervous, so I tell Nash grab the backpack while she's not looking. She goes into the classroom, watches Logan sit down to a puzzle, so she does the same thing. Okay, it's hard enough having Logan go to school, I'm really, really not ready to have my baby leave me yet. I tell Lainie, "Come on, it's time to go." She's says no and keeps doing the puzzle. I had to physically remove the puzzle pieces out of her hands and pick her up since class was getting ready to start, all the while she is crying and screaming that she wants to stay at school. I'm so embarassed by this point and trying to hold onto her and the teacher is using her as an example to the girls in the class who are crying because they want to go home and my 2 year old is crying to stay. Just get me out of here please.

Lainie with her backpack.

Just a cute pic of her so grown up.

Nash was the next one to start school - THIRD GRADE - I can't believe it!!! We went a few days early, checked out where the classes were for Nash and Jacob and even met the teachers for a few minutes. Went over where to drop off, line up, all the important stuff since I wasn't going to to walk them in on their first day. Especially since Nash is way too old for that now. Nash was so excited for school to start he could hardly stand it. He was so excited to see all his friends too!

My handsome 3rd grader!

Nash ready to go!!!

Jacob was super excited to start FIRST GRADE, he started a day after Nash did. Jacob gets a little shy when he starts something new and takes a day or two to adjust, but with our crazy drop off schedule for two different schools I couldn't go with him, so he toughed it out and did a great job. He loves his class and teacher and is making even more friends this year! He's doing awesome!!!!

Look at the mischief in that smile.

My cute 1st grader!

School is going great for all my boys so far and they are learning a lot!!! It is so strange, yet nice, for those few hours when I only have one at home - I get a lot done around the house and have even played dress up a couple of times with my girl! Fun times for all!

0 comments: